Friday, May 6, 2011

Raw Detox and Positive Vibrations

Phew!  OK this week has been busy, and I'm super surprised at how well I'm doing on this raw food detox supported through http://www.greensmoothiequeen.com/ so far!  The only time I didn't eat pretty much what's on the recommended menu is yesterday's cinco de mayo nachos, and when I might add some extra greens to my smoothies.  In fact, just the celery has not been enough!  I've needed to add spinach to make it feel richer. Today, I just made my favorite green smoothie that I learned from a raw food prep class I took a couple of months ago. 1/4 fresh chopped pineapple, 1-2 bananas, 1 c coconut milk, and a couple big handfuls of spinach. This morning I used a full 5 oz container of the luscious green goodness, and I'm still happily sipping away on it as I write this.

I am looking forward to getting into more green, less fruit. I feel like I'm taking in way too much sugar. But I've been a raw food dabbler for a couple of months now, so I guess I'm ready to move to the next level.  That's why I'm here, after all!  I need this jump start to get my raw lifestyle under way.

My main concern is that I can't really afford all organic foods right now. I'm getting it where I can, but yeah, that's the tough one.  I have been checking out some youtube channels that are really awesome, though, and talk about budget raw recipes. One of them is http://www.youtube.com/user/liferegenerator - this guy is awesome. He's so full of love for like, everything and everyone! He even gives tips on how to prepare food - with love, present food - with love, and how to eat food - with love. His recipes go into how to turn the bulk leftovers from juices into yummy meals (like a raw "burger" - just amazing, though I don't know that I'm ready for that recipe quite yet!).

I am feeling more energy now. Normally I'm ready to pass out around 9:00, but last night, after hubby and child were fast asleep, I sorted some laundry, repotted a couple of plants, and made sure the house was all snug and tight before heading to bed around 11:00.  I woke up this morning, groggy, but with an underlying rejuvination which brought a neat little smile to my face when I realized it.  hehehe
So far so good!  I'm looking forward to next week!

Positive Vibrations!
I'm getting a growing awareness about thoughts, emotions, their energy vibrations, and how easy it can be to change them. Even though it may not seem like it as I write these posts (because I won't write unless I've gotten myself into a good space for sharing), I have been going through quite a lot of negativity in life - self sabotaging, self-negating, medical things with my thyroid which makes the big hormonal dance a bit depressing at times, and external factors which bring negativity to me which I would then react to negatively. This...in a nutshell...sucks!  It's totally against where my heart lives, where my Spirit thrives, and where my body can successfully withstand the temptation to stuff itself with crappy food because I'm filling a void that would be much better served by being filled by a heapin' helpin' of love!

So, it may be really apparent that I am doing a LOT of listening to the self-healing gurus of our time, and taking in what tidbits are working for me, and shelving other info that's not speaking to me (for now). I'm recently enamoured with the Psychologist and EFT "Tapping" goddess, Carol Look, and I listen to both of her interviews from the WISH teleconference over and over. A couple of things that she has said have helped me to make a decision on the direction I want to go with this blog. Kind of a template, to help not only myself, but those few ardent, and brave readers of this blog to vibrate a little higher each time they read it too!

So I will start each post with these 2 little lists:
"10 things I love about my life today" or my "I love it when" lists.
"3 positive actions I will take today"

The whole premise to doing this is, to quote Carol Look, "You change your feelings by changing your focus". It's that simple. If you're feeling a bit down, lift your head up and look around where you are for one little thing that you love. It can be a picture of a loved one, your favorite color, a keepsake that has meaning for you sitting over there on that dusty shelf. You want to feel even better? Go over to that dusty old shelf and dust it off, and make it a special place to house that special little thing. It can be the smallest thing, and it's instantaneous! All I have to do is look at a picture of my daughter laughing, and instantly I'm vibrating that few inches higher than I was the moment before.

This stuff begins to build on itself. It creates an opening for that joy and light to come in where before we were blocking it by not paying attention to the great stuff we do have around us, even if it's just a groovy color, or a wispy, wonky cloud in the sky.  When you have a chance to go that one step further, go out in nature and look around. It's amazing how quickly you can become like a kid again.  When you shift your focus, you can hear that cool bird you didn't know was nesting under your eaves, or that rustle of leaves in that warm spring air. Possibilities arise that weren't there before - because now you are in a place to accept them.

While I still get stuck in negativity now and again, and let others push my buttons waaaaay too easily sometimes, I'm beginning to recognize that it's because when that's happening, it's pretty much mostly because I let it happen. When that negativity takes a hold on me, I'm not giving myself permission enough to really take care of myself all the time - whether it's by going to bed too late, or eating the wrong foods, or just not taking the time to be quiet with myself for 5 minutes so I can remember to breathe.  What a concept.  Breathing - that in and out dance that we kinda don't do very well most of the day.

So here's where I remind myself that I'm worth being fabulous. Heck, I already AM fabulous, and I don't need anyone else to tell me so to make it so. 1 of those positive things I will do today is remember to take a look around me and remember the great things going on in my life, the love that I live in every day, and the fact that every single moment is amazing because we're here!  So I will end with a quote I think my Saskia Shakin, because it's rather nice to remember that we're often too scared or feel ourselves not worthy enough to do or be something so we say no to an opportunity before we've ever actually consider it.  Have a tremendous day!

"If you say no before you know what you're saying no to, you can lose the best opportunity of your lifetime. Say yes first, you can always say no later."

No comments:

Post a Comment