Sunday, May 8, 2011

Shamanic Healing and Happy Mother's Day!

Good evening, and happy mommy day to all moms - everywhere!  :)  Cuz moms are great!

I started to write out the 10 things I love about my life today, and, uhm...that's gonna take up a lot of space, so I think I'll match it with the 3 positive things I'll do today, and limit it to 3. I'll still write 10, but I'll just share my top 3, if that's cool?  Yeah?  OK then, here goes...

1) I had a really wonderful time with my mom and dad this morning. It could have been frustrating because of the whole mothers-day-brunch-restaurant-busy-tried-two-and-failed thing, but we decided to instead get groceries, go to mom's and make a meal for the family that was yummy, easy, and fun to hang out and eat. Then we had carrot cake!

...What?  It has carrots in it - it's a vegetable, so it's ok on this detox prep, right?  :P

Well, no, but today was mother's day, and my husband was right when he said you gotta be ok with it every once in awhile, then get right back on the horse. It's a very healthy way of looking at things. It's when you start thinking every day should be a "special" day that you would get into trouble, so ya know...keep it real, yo!

Anyway..
2) My mother's day present was 100% chosen by my lovely daughter, Lilly!  So cute. I got a bag that had a Barney DVD (LOL), which will provide good quality us time whilst singing the songs and dancing with that wonderfully sappy, purple dinosaur. There was a very cool pair of sunglasses that made me look like a movie stah!  I'll have to post a picture of me wearing them for posterity. And the 3rd gift was a lovely pair of earrings, that were actually pretty darn cute!  All this from my precocious 2 1/2 year old! Go Lilly!  I love being a mom!

And
3) My husband and I took some time just for us, which we don't do enough, and he gave me a greatly needed massage (my shoulders are still thanking him)...Many thanks for that, honey.

OK so the day is pretty much done so, the 3 positive actions part will be for tomorrow.

1) The water fast started today at 7:00pm and will be up at 7:00 pm tomorrow, so 1st positive thing on my list is to not pass out tomorrow!  Ok to actually drink a lot of water and do as this detox is meant to do.
2) Enjoy the process of cleansing, taking the opportunity to reacquaint myself with my body, reset my tastebuds and cravings, and get this 21 day detox groove on!
3) Do my AM Yoga DVD and start my day off right.

*deep breath*  Yeah it feels pretty good to start these posts off like that.  I think that might work.

OK So yesterday I was part of an all day Shamanic healing workshop lead by Dr. Hank Wesselman - this workshop that I've been giddy over for months now, and it didn't disappoint! Dr. Hank's style is witty, reverent, and deeply meaningful. This gave me the opportunity to remember all the cool stuff I learned when I took his course at Sierra College forever ago, and also go a little deeper into doing the work. 

I won't go into all the juicy details as you can get much of it from his books if you're that interested (and I wouldn't do the info justice anyway), but as for my experience I can say a little. Needless to say, I have some experience with energy work, energy healing, even shamanic journeying, so that was handy. I have several helper spirits which I work with regularly, and I know how to get into relationship with new ones for myself when needed.

What we did Saturday was not only gather in a new helper spirit (I got 4 new ones!), but later we helped others in the group to receive one by journeying on their behalf. I had never done that part before. It's called re-empowerment, or power animal retrieval. When I did it for my partner, I was thrilled and amazed at how easy it was! It took like 5-10 minutes for the whole group to finish, novices and experienced alike. That was beautiful.

At the end, we did a healing on one of the participants with Dr. Hank and my friend, DeAnna presiding over the actual journey work, extraction, etc part, but the rest of us (around 40 people) called up our helper spirits to grant us their power, which we would then focus into the person being healed while we all drummed and rattled long and loud until it was done.  I really have few words I can say about that experience because it truly transcends any healing I've participated in before. All I can say is imagine the power and love in a room full of 40 shamans focusing the power of their helper spirits in one direction.... Yeah it was powerful.

So I know what's going on my vision board...Vision Seeker 1, 5 day workshop and training, and visionseeker 2 and 3 and beyond! It's calling me, and so are the herbs!  I was thrilled to find out that my friend's mother is also interested in herbal medicine, and there's a good chance we could form a learning alliance! Yay!  There was a young woman at the workshop who had taken a course that was by an herbalist near us and highly recommended it, so more accessible learning opportunities are making themselves known.  Don't you just LOVE synchronicity?

Well it's way past my bedtime, but I wanted to post an update about his amazing weekend! I hope yours was just as great!

peace,

No comments:

Post a Comment